A child's plea to the United Nations. 1992. Still we do not listen. WHY???
Perhaps our leaders will never, ever do this. It must start with us. Bottom-up change.
My friend Kalli is doing what she can by gathering donations for care packages to families in need this holiday season. She has inspired me and I vowed to do the same. I know many of us will do charitable things this holiday season, but I hope we remember to do it all through the year. It just takes one person like Kalli to actually start doing something, to spark a movement from others, which is exactly what is happening in her community. She is surprised by the enthusiasm coming even from strangers who wish to help.
Most people, I think, really want to help but don't know what to do or where to start. If you have an idea or something you feel passionate about, DO IT! Chances are there are many, many people who feel the same but have needed a leader to get it started! I feel guilty because all I seem to do is write on my little blog, while Kalli who never says a thing, simply goes out and starts DOING. I'm guilty of too much talking and not enough walking! But I will follow Kalli's example and start moving!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wish I was that thoughtful at age 12! Seriously.
Yes, there is much good to be done to fix the ugliness of the world. Let us also remember that even that small things count...like having a conversation with a stranger, or choosing to ride your bike instead of driving your car, etc. We can do small things every day, and work one step at a time for the really big things.
Great post, Dee!
Post a Comment