Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Citizen's Call To Action


The End of America: Letter Of Warning To A Young Patriot.

It's Common Sense for modern times. It has opened my eyes to how fragile our democracy really is. We take so many freedoms for granted. Even as I endorse this book, I'm deeply grateful that I have the freedom to do so without fear. Before this book, such gratitude would not have crossed my mind. I highly recommend this book to all! It's not about politics. It's about being informed so that we can hold our political leaders accountable.

Can't wait to read Naomi Wolf's latest: Give Me Liberty.



Thanks to Ann Marie for the book suggestions.

6 comments:

Chelle said...

Dee, that movie!!! it's all your fault, if you wouldn't have sparked my interest, i would've never gone, SHAME ON YOU! HAHAHA. Needless to say, my kids will never be alone... for the rest of their lives. By any chance, did you read the real story about it (winehouse chicken coop murders). It's even worse than the movie! I blame you!!!

Dee said...

LOL! SIMMER DOWN SISTER!

I told you DO NOT SEE THE CHANGELING!

I know, horrific. It messed with ALL my issues, ALL, even my bird phobia...lol! And YEP, no children alone, FOREVER. Horrible, nightmare, wicked, evil movie. But Angelina Jolie!!! SO gorgeous! And her acting, PERFECT! And good message about corruption in authority systems. I'm glad I never liked Silent Night much! It'd be ruined now! Don't think I want to read the real story. I already had a panic attack during the movie. I really had to RUN out!!!

Chelle said...

the movie left too many questions unanswered for me and I can NOT handle that! The last movie that traumatized me like that was The Ring. I can't rest when the questions don't get answered or if I don't understand something. So, turns out that Northcuts nephew that helped out wasn't the only one involved...Northcuts MOTHER lived there with them and participated in it all. She went to jail and then 12 years later released on parol!! In the trial, truth came out that northcuts mother was really his grandmother. she stated that northcut was a product of her husbands incestuous relationship with their daughter...messed up!!!

Dee said...

EW! That's disgusting! YES, I thought there were unanswered questions too! I was all confused. Like, why did that kid pretend to be her son?! Don't get it.

I just hated the ending too...YUCKY all around. EW!

Chelle said...

He was a runaway!! when he heard about the story and someone had told him he looked similar to the missing boy, he decided it was a free ticket to California. He did it cause he wanted to meet a certain hollywood star!!!

Dee said...

OH, man! What a BRAT! Evil, little brat.

For Whenever I Need a Good Weep