Thursday, October 2, 2008

Take A Chance On Me: Double Take!

Okay, so I'm a little excessive with all the ABBA/Mamma Mia/80's videos, but I HAVE to do this one. It's soooo awesome. I want to BE Frieda and Agnetha. They dance just like me! Badly. I LOOOOVE it! So watch this one first. THEN watch the Erasure video below. It's toooo good.




6 comments:

Chelle said...

DEE-lightful!!!! I love ABBA! I just can't believe how HORRIBLE that video was. Talk about low fundage, I'm thinking. They, at least, could've paid for a choreographer, don't you think? I haven't laughed that hard in days! Thank you!

bobbi said...

Take a Chance is one of our families favorite songs-- whenever I turn on music on the computer, Conner, my 3 yr. old always wants to hear this ABBA song-- we told Chance it was his song-- so it's a BIG hit here!! Hope you are doing good-- I've kind of been out of it with a newborn. She's sooo sweet, though, so I'm enjoying all of it! What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Jackie said...

I'm going to have nightmares after watching that Erasure video. I loved the Brady Brunch grid in the ABBA video though! Cool.

Jennifer said...

Those are so cheesy but funny! Deann, I tagged you check out my blog for details.

Aimee said...

Dee, I all my life I have never met anyone who loves ABBA as much and my cousin and I, until now. You take the cake girl. I loved the old videos! Awesome. I saw an interview with 3 of the 4 ABBA members a few years ago. I don't know if it was a "true hollywood story" or something but the blond girl did not want to be comtacted for interviews or anything. the rest of the group was saying that was the reason that they did not do a reunion tour or anything like that. did you know the couples used to be married?

Dee said...

Aimee! Hey ABBA lover! :) My friend Artie actually got me into them in high school, but Mamma Mia has made me go crazy for them again, and ever more this time! They are soooo happy and just brilliant! I think they are so underrated!
Yes, I knew they were married and apparently the song "When All Is Said And Done" is a personal one about divorce. I love their later music because it is so personal. Slipping Through My Fingers is one of the best songs of all time. So many of theirs are! The Beatles and ABBA are my two all-time favorites!
Do you have a favorite ABBA song? Have you seen Mamma Mia?

For Whenever I Need a Good Weep