Thursday, October 16, 2008

Sundance Photos

I have a secret desire to be a photographer. Just too lazy to read about it and take classes. I keep thinking if only I had a fancy lens I'd suddenly take amazing photos. My latest strategy is to learn by myself, hands on, taking a zillion photos. I have a feeling this lazy route will not lead me to any greatness, but I'm okay with that. Here are some of my recent wanna be-ish attempts. Many of my blogger friends are seriously incredible photographers and I know I am far, very very far from any of that brilliantness, but still I try!

Here are some of my non-amazing photos that make me happy nonetheless. A few things I love, taken in sweet September at Sundance.

Pretty little lavendarish-white dainties.


Those red berry looking things.


Benches are just always so cute. I love them.


Candid Kalli.

Photographer friends, if I were to get my first special lens for Christmas, which one would I want? I love researching anything and everything, except camera parts. I find it so incredibly boring! Help!

9 comments:

Stacy said...

I have that secret desire too. Once in awhile I catch a shot I'm proud of (you usually comment on them too, so thanks!) We should take a class together... do you know of any?

Chelle said...

Dee those are awesome! You definately have the eye and looks to me like a pretty good camera. I hope to be able to perfect a picture taking ability and am also to lazy to do anything about it. One day...

ARTS said...

Wow, Dee!!!! I especially love the second one, but they are all BEAUTIFUL. When you come visit, you wanna take my new headshot??? I'm serious!!

lindseyflood said...

those were pretty! I've always thought you take great shots!

ARTS said...

I'm not kidding about the headshot!

Dee said...

I'd love to take your headshot! Let's have a photo shoot then. I'll even do a little research, just for you.

Angie said...

Dee, I'll talk lenses with you cause I am researcing them right now. What kind of camera do you have?

Dee said...

Oh great! Thanks Ang! I've got a Nikon D40 and just the basic lens it came with.

Ann Marie said...

I'd go with a fixed lens...50mm. They're so so cool! Fixed lenses are the best...just gets expensive if you have to buy every single focal length.
Have fun! Photography is incredibly addicting.

For Whenever I Need a Good Weep