"The speech" that started it all. DNC 2004. Two parts.
I'm not surprised that Colin Powell has endorsed Obama. It's hard to deny that it's Obama's time. The steady tide of support, energy, and unlikelihood that the "skinny kid with the funny name" should be the likely next President is further evidence to me that positive change is coming. I've felt ever since this speech that he would be our next President, and among the greatest. By great I mean transformational, inspiring, progressive, not perfect or saintly. He alone won't fix all of society's ills, or perfect Government. As active, informed citizens it is our duty to aspire to these things, especially after an election. Too much is at stake to simply go out and vote every four years, I now realize. Senator Obama's message of unity is powerful because it comes at a dark time in our history, a time when the cultural divide once again threatens our "One Nation". I believe "electrifying" is the word Colin Powell used in his interview on Meet The Press. I certainly feel the energy, don't you?
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't wait to watch this because this is STILL the speech I've yet to see. Thanks for posting it.
You said, "He alone... won't change the world." And while that's technically true because he needs the support of the American people to make that happen, I believe he ultimately CAN change the world simply by being the face that the rest of the nations put on America. We are hated and Bush is hated by so many. Obama can change that in ways McCain simply cannot. That is changing the world.
Yes, you're right. He will make the world better. That's for sure! I should say he won't make the world perfect. That's what I meant. Change it, yes he will!
K-I edited, because he's totally gonna change the world. :)
I sure hope he doesn't disappoint me or I'm going Nader 2012!
I really, really think he's going to be different.
Obama is great at speaking...can make me cry even though I don't support most of his politics for this presidential race.
Post a Comment