
samwibatt posted this photo just before it closed and wrote:
There seems to be renovation activity going on inside, so time to snag a few shots before the new owners, if any, repaint it, if that is their intention (if they exist).
And yes, the new franchise owners repainted!
Tell me this isn't one of the funniest things you've ever seen.
Here's my friend Artie in front of the the new Jimmy John's!
When he was in town for a visit from LA earlier this month he wanted to drive by it again because it was one of his favorite attractions last time he was here. This time the double scoop was turned on! So Artie took a video:
I've googled everything I can think of and still can't find any information. I want to know why the new owners left the ice cream cone up, if painting it black was intended to make the now obsolete double scoop less conspicuous, or if it's merely a joke to draw attention. Further, I want to know why they still have it turned on! Why new Jimmy John's, why?
12 comments:
it seems to me that this was (used to be) the only place in utah that we could buy licorice icecream...i'm sad it's closed down :(. Let me know when you find out!
and what is Jimmy Johns?
A sandwich chain, like Subway.
I'm, cracking up!!!!
So its a sandwich shop??? Do they even sell ice cream there? I'm laughing, this is so funny. the ice cream cone looks so stupid in black!
I'm glad you guys think this is hilarious too! I know, black double scoop ice cream cone. ??? Nope, don't sell ice cream! I really might just call the manager and ask what's up.
and it was hysterical the first time we saw it, but when it was twirling when we went back I lost it. Couldn't breathe b/c I was laughing so hard.
That's awesome. I guess there was just no way to camouflage it. If you paint it sky blue, it'd look funny on a gray day. But that is just plain weird, the black. And then to turn it on, too. Maybe they're all having a laugh about it. I'm glad they didn't tear it down.
Best Blog Ever!!!! I love that you even got the video up here!! Oh, man.... Awesome.
Thing is, now it makes me want ice cream.
what is jimmy johns?
ok so its a sandwich shop? That is SO SO funny! What the heck?
ha! CJ and I are always SO MAD about this place. First, it was Snelgrove's...so YUMMY. Then it was Squirrel Brothers, and it got worse and worse every year--bad management I suppose. THEN Jimmy John's?! What the?! Love your little clip of the ice cream cones of doom! It's so bizarre!
Post a Comment