
How I feel today.
This motherhood thing is impossible. There is no way, for me at least, to keep my house clean and organized, decorate it, print and frame family photos, cook healthy meals daily, teach my kids important life lessons, play and read with them, do homework, take them to parks & museums & farms & planetariums, schedule play dates, shop for necessities like play clothes and toothpaste, buy them shoes, do their hair, the laundry, plan and practice frequent holidays and traditions, go on dates with my hubby, schedule doctor and dentist appointments, be a class mom at least once a week, sign kids up for activities to develop their talents, REMEMBER stuff like donut day with your kindergartner, teach the kids to do chores, do my own chores. All this AND take care of myself: read, write, take a photography class, exercise, get school applications ready, think, blog, correspondence via FB, be a good friend to friends, send birthday cards and thoughtful gifts, and try to make myself look and feel good.
I'm so sure. AND I have an overly helpful, kind & loving, self-sacrificing, accepting, non-judgmental hubby who would do ANYTHING for me and does half, if not more than, his share of the cooking and cleaning, playing with kids, and everything else.
Ahhhh. OVERWHELMING.
At least there are days like THIS in between!
8 comments:
I think you are an amazing mom, wife, and at being YOU!!! I think a lot of those perfect homes, and moms aren't true to themselves and that is, I believe the most important thing. Will your kids remember mom and the messy house or mom loving them and playing with them and doing what she absolutely believes in. You are such a good example to your kids. They are going to know how to love others and so do service and to take a stand for injustices in the world because that is what there wonderful mom did. F@#$ the clean house.
Wonderful post! Like the comment before me, your kids will remember all those special moments you have had with them.
i have a similar list that i'd like to accomplish on a daily/weekly basis but i've now accepted that if I happen to only accomplish at least one thing on my list, then i have succeeded! then i reward myself with chocolate! life is much sweeter that way and much less stressful...;)
That made me tired reading your post Deann! You are so right and its important for us women to talk about these things. We want to be perfect and do it all, but yeah right, we would go crazy!!! I try and give myself daily tasks of cleaning, but then I also want to meet up with my friends for lunch! Plus I work 3 days a week, so it only leaves me 4 days to get all my stuff done plus have fun! We just have to get better at managing it all and stopping to realize the important things in life. Sorry I went on, but this is something I think about n a daily basis... great post Deann
Deann, you are doing ALL that is important. Chad & the kids are blessed to have you!! Seriously!!
check this post out on one of my fav blogs! It will make you feel better...I promise!!
http://lindseycheney.blogspot.com/2009/05/most-frequently-asked-question.html
Thanks Megan! That is a really cute blog. Do feel better! Yeah my house is pretty much that messy all the time! I wish I was one of those stay at home moms who sewed and decorated their homes beautifully. I see this girl is one of those I am NOT! I have no idea where to even start with the decorating and buy fabric and NEVER get to the sewing. I had a panic attack last time I was in a fabric store...not kidding. Got so light headed I ran out with a cart full of fabric. It's just not me! I get overwhelmed. Too bad I'm not rich enough to hire someone to do decorate for me! B/c I do want a beautiful home. So what I do is compare myself to women like the author of that blog. But really, it's not like my kids know the difference!
Blah blah blah, ramble ramble. :)
Oh no...dont comapare yourself to her for those reasons!! Who cares about sewing your kids stuff...Lord knows my future kiddos won't be getting any of that. Eek!! So not why i sent you there! Just wanted to see you are so not alone!!
Just know that your children are so blessed & the other stuff can ALWAYS wait!!
oh, no Megan it did make me feel better and I mean past-tense, that I compare myself to these women, not any more. I've learned to accept that it's not one of my talents and I'm okay with that, really. So don't feel bad! So good of you to post the link and I loved that post! I was trying to sound humorous not sad. :)
Post a Comment