Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Off To See Old Faithful


Old Faithful
� © Vertical Media


As you can see from the past 8 posts in 2 days I've done between my two blog pages, I kind of like blogging, a bit. But one thing I love even more is the OUTDOORS! Today, we're off to Yellowstone for the weekend, where we'll make a cabin our home for a few days, with friends. It will be good to be away from the computer for a while, to reconnect with the awesomeness of the actual, physical world! Hee.


Can't wait to see Old Faithful again...
Source: www.cs.washington.edu/.../ Image04.jpg


canoe through the Snake River...
Chad thinks I should stress that this in no way
represents the actual stretch of river we'll be on.
So don't worry mom, we're not white water rafting
with the kids!
copyright 1993 philg@mit.edu
philg@mit.edu



and go fishing with the kids, even though I have mixed feelings
about this. Poor fishes! We'll put them all back, but still...eeee!
Source: www.mikelevin.com/ YellowstoneLakeSunset2b-800.jpg


This is the book we'll be reading on the way there. I bought this last time we were in Yellowstone as a souvenir to remember our attempts at bear sightings. Maybe we'll get luckier this time and see one! I'll have my camera ready! (Oh, and moms, it's a super adorable, fun summertime book for kids!)

Have a super awesome weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Have so so much fun! I am glad you get to get away from the rush of everyday life in civilization.

AND is your husband's name Chad?! That's my husband's name too! (he goes by CJ).

Jackie said...

How fun! Let us knowo if you have the misfortune of seeing a bear. I hate bears!

Angie said...

Have fun and enjoy! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Lane said...

Hi Dee,

Thanks for the cute comments on my blog--you crack me up. I have been a slacker blogger lately but it's always fun to hear from you.

Have fun in Yellowstone! I was there last month and I did, in fact, see a bear. Luckily, it was from the safety of the car so I thoroughly enjoyed it. And if you're in W. Yellowstone, go to Ernie's for lunch! Best. sandwich. ever.

For Whenever I Need a Good Weep