My favorite childhood doll, Betsy Wetsy. I still have her.
Confession: I LOVE dolls!!! STILL. I know, it's creepy and sick! When Marie Osmond presented Oprah with her very own, look-a-like doll on the show, I ugly cried. I don't know what it is, but ever since I was little, I've LOVED dolls.

HOW cute is that? I LOVE Marie and her weird doll company.
Anyone remember this book?!

I used to check it out from the library over and over again. It was one of my very favorite books when I was like 7. I loved all the black and white photos. Well, I saw it at Barnes and Noble yesterday!! Flashback!!! I HAVE to buy it for my girls...at a local book store!
And one more thing. LOOK at this FIND I grabbed a few days ago:
A Kewpie Dorothy! I KNOW!!!

Yep, I own it. It's mine. But there is one person who would love it even more than me, EVEN more than my mom...
Jackie... guess what? It's YOURS!!! But I think you'll have to come visit me to get it. :)
8 comments:
Deann you so funny! I was cracking up this one evening when Miah and Maison called me upstairs to show me this program they had been watching for a while. When I came upstairs it was QVC with Marie Osmond on it and her dolls! They were glued to the tv! After it was over Miah and Maison were on the computer at her website viewing all of the dolls drooling over which ones they wanted! That cupie is so cute! GOSH! Where the heck did you find it?
A Kewpie????? I have one. Where did you get it? Mine is naked, but it does have serial numbers stamped into it. Check yours. Some of those dolls are worth over $2,000.!!!!!!! I remember that book. You were obsessed! You still are. Me too. You come up with the cutest stuff! I'm so specially blessed.
i love dolls too! everytime we are at target or wal-mart we let hannah look at the toy section and the first aisle I always go to and spend the most time in is the doll aisle! where did you get the kewpie?
so, you love creepy dolls, but are terrified of birds....
I found the Kewpie Dorothy at a LOCAL (stop making fun of me Kim!) toy store that is going out of business because she and her husband can't afford private health insurance! So I suppose that now she'll have to work at Toys R Us, or Wal-mart, something depressing like that. It was my favorite toy store!
Anyway, didn't plan on that little side note!
Stacy, your comment cracked me up!
Mom you ARE soooo specially blessed. LOL!
You are silly and I love it. I have been dying to stop by the blogs and read until I weep, but I have company and I can't get a moment alone. So, this weekend I will indulge in some Dee Bloggin' readin' good times. Until then have a great day! So glad we found each other again...I have missed you.
Angie
Can't wait to get my Kewpie!! She is too cute and thanks for the fun surprise!
That's so awesome! I was skimming this and laughing with Geoff about your funny quotes. But I have to say you are so cool to give it away b/c you know another person would love it even more.
Post a Comment