Monday, September 1, 2008

Stormy Weather!

We're loving it! Lazy in pajamas and watching one of my favorite movies. It's fun that the kids are old enough to enjoy it with me! I loved it as a kid, but now I get to appreciate Christopher Plummer's dreaminess (ooooh how I love it when he sings -wonder if that is really his voice?) and the sweet romance between him and Maria!


my heart will be blessed with the sound of music...


When you know the notes to sing,
you can sing most anything!


Then when Maria wants to take her vows and not go back to the Von Trapp's:
Maria, these walls were not meant for people to shut out their problems, you must face them.
You must live the life you were meant to live.


Nothing comes from nothing, nothing ever could...


What else does the Reverend Mother say?
That you have to look for your life.

For here you are, standing there, loving me

whether or not you should
(Jackie, I included this picture just for you! Hee hee)


And my very favorite part.

Edelweiss, Edelweiss every morning you greet me

Small and white, clean and bright
you look happy to meet me
Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow
bloom and grow forever
Edelweiss, Edelweiss
bless my homeland forever

The Captain finding his music again, ooooh!



Liesl's dress is soooo beautiful! This whole film is. Yay for music!
What are you doing this fine Labor Day?

5 comments:

Crystal said...

One of my all time favorite movies!

Stacy said...

I love the weather today. I need to watch that movie again, I haven't seen it since I was little, I think I forgot most of it.

Jennifer said...

I love the song eidelweiss too. That's the lulluby song I sing to the girls.

Ann Marie said...

Love that movie! It's just so beautiful in every way!

Julie said...

Hello!!! I totally recorded this and started watching it with Avery the other day. This is one of my favorite all time movies!! I used to watch it all the time when I was little. You need to come out here so we can have a serious chick flick weekend!

For Whenever I Need a Good Weep