Thursday, April 15, 2010

eating kindly: going for it, again!

I've been a vegetarian for 10+ years, but have been wanting to eat less dairy for years. I just LOVE CHEESE and butter! A pitfall of being a vegetarian, for me, is eating too much cheese as a substitute for meat. I love the good stuff like lentils, quinoa, and veggies. But it's hard to find good recipes and so easy to revert back to eating cheese pizza and bean & cheese burritos.

So, I purchased this book for inspiration, and it's working. Alicia Silverstone makes being vegan seem like an exciting delicious adventure! The recipes look sooooo good, can't wait to try. Now, I don't plan to NEVER eat cheese or eggs again. But I think less is best, and a diet full of healthy grains & plants is the way to go. For ME. :)


see review & recipes

3 comments:

jewels said...

Your so good. I just can't do it.

lindseyflood said...

I saw this on Oprah. I'm glad you found this for inspiration, but you know that I would go crazy. =) I have been trying to cook at least one meatless meal a week though. Aren't you proud!

Anonymous said...

Well, I've had two meatless meals since Friday,!!!! I'm doing great but I've gotto buy this book too!

For Whenever I Need a Good Weep